The Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Moldova to Illinois is not authorized to process visas, passports, or notarize documents.
- Main tasks of Honorary Consuls include the enhancement of bilateral relations in trade, economy, culture and science between the sending country and the country of your citizenship or permanent residence.
- The Honorary Consulate helps with the economic and trade cooperation and with the expansion of business from the country of citizenship in the country of representation.
- Another important task is the support of the development of the international relations, the representation and perception of the interests of the country you represent, and providing assistance and consular protection for country of representation citizens and institutions.
- The Honorary Consulate supports the work of the Embassy of the country of representation and informs the sending country on the economic, political, cultural, and social life of the country of citizenship or permanent residence of the Honorary Consul.
- Honorary Consuls must contribute to the traditionally friendly and multilateral relations between the countries and their people, and to represent the interests of the sending country and its citizens. In these strivings, you can always count with the support of the Embassy of the country of representation and its Consulates.